21st Oct 2015
This post is to inform you about women contribution in an open source.
The awards will go to women who make uncommon contributions to open source projects and communities & make creative use of open source technology.
Selection Procedure :
Two candidates will be selected, from the following tracks:
- Academic: student enrolled in college
- Community: A woman who volunteers on projects related to open source
Winner will get:
- Paid registration, flight & hotel accomodations for Red Hat Summit 2016
- $2,500 stipend
- Slot as a featured speaker at a future Red Hat Women’s Leadership Community event
- Feature article on opensource.com
Expectations from Nominees.
- Programming & Coding
- Community management and community advocacy
- User experience (UX), design, marketing & artwork
- Communications include documentation, tutorials
- Legal reform & intellectual property advocacy
- participation in open hardware
- quality-related contributions like quality assurance, bugs triage
- Open content
- Open source methodology
- System administration
Nominations will be accepted upto 30th Nov, 2015, result will be declared on the base of nomination criteria. After all nominations in the public determine the winners by voting. Winners will be announced at Red Hat Summit 2016, which is going to be held on June 28 – July 1, 2016, in San Francisco.