Here I am providing a password cracking method for RHELâ€¦â€¦
- Switch on your system
- Press any key or upper arrow key as soon as the booting starts you will see Name of your operating system press â€˜eâ€™ it means edit.
- Now you will go to the next screen where you have to go to the secondÂ Line which starts with â€œkernelâ€ then press â€˜eâ€™
- Now a new screen will appear this time you will press â€˜1â€™ it will enable.The maintenance mode (single user mode), then press â€œenterâ€ to come out.
- Now press â€˜bâ€™ on that same line it will boot.
- Now you have to type â€˜setenforce 0â€™ after that you will type â€˜passwdâ€™
Now you can change your password
After that either you can restart your system or you can continue from.
There just type â€˜init 5â€™ there are 7 run level from 0 to 6. â€˜init 5 â€˜ is one of them.
Now we know that how to crack our systemâ€™s password. We should know that How to make it secure. We can set a password even for this process so if Anybody tries to do it he will be asked for the password at the time of editing on the GRUB menu.
Â Set boot loader password
You need to be logged in for this process as a root user
- We are trying to set password for GRUB menu, so we have to make changes in Boot loader file which is insideÂ Â Â â€˜boot/grub/grub.confâ€™
- Now we know that where we have to make changes but we donâ€™t know that what all changes we have to make so.
- Type commandÂ â€˜grub-md5-cryptâ€™ press enter.Â It will ask you for password type any password.Â After that an encrypted key will be generated you need to copy that key.
- Now you have to type â€˜vim /boot/grub/grub.confâ€™Â it will open that fileÂ Where we need to make changes.
- Once that file is open, type â€˜password –md5 keyâ€™Â this key is the encrypted password which we generated in â€œstep 3â€.Â Remember that you have copied that key in the step 3 now you need to paste that keyÂ after â€˜password –md5â€™
- Now everything is set if anyone tries to crack your password he will be asked for the password (which you gave in step 3) at the GRUB menu.