VMware ESXi is based on the hypervisor architecture. VMware ESXi runs directly on the hardware without the need of any host operating system, which makes is extremely effective in terms of performance. This is the best option to implement VMware for production usage.
There are many key features of Vmware:
Memory compression, over commitment and deduplication.
- built-in high available with NIC teaming and HBA multipathing.
- Intelligent CPU virtualization
- Highly compatible with various servers hardware, storage and OS.
- Advanced security with VMSafe, VMKernel protection and encryption.
- Easy management using vsphere client, vCenter server and command line interface.
- Vmware vSphere Overview
- Installation of Vmware Vsphere ESXI
- ESXI overview
- Virtual Machines
- CPU & Memory Resource Management
- VM Clone & Templates
- VM Migration
- VM Snapshot
- Access Control
- High Availability
- DRS Host Scalability
- Resource Monitoring
- Patch Management